Monday, April 7, 2008

The Simpsons at Kinokuniya

Last week, I was at Takashimaya and we went to Kinokuniya - I can never pronounce the name of this bookstore, let alone spell it! :)

As we went to the children's department. guess what I saw there:

Fridge magnets!

Ok. you might say no big deal. But these magnets were the special  "Dress up your favorite person" magnets.

When I was growing up, the girls in school, always had these in their bags.

Back then, they were made of paper, and there had little paper hooks on the dresses, so that you could clip it on to the picture.

To give you a better idea of what I am talking about, this is a sample of what they looked like:

barbie collage

Ok...This is the modern version. But doesn't it bring back memories?

Well, guess what they had at the bookstore on fridge magnets:

The SIMPSONS !

 

simpson collage

Check out Homer's belly and underwear...I don't think I need to elaborate! :)

I can't imagine myself playing with these magnets...especially the one with Homer.

To sign off, here's another funny commercial, I stumbled upon recently:

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hi bro. ed! you may want to view this article it's very helpful in blogging.

BookMamma said...

Those fridge magnents ROCK!

Unknown said...

i love those barbie magnets.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online