Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mummy posts ... Nostalgia I

It's 1.45 a.m... I can't sleep despite feeling really exhausted. The past 10 days were days of faith and stretching!! Our domestic help went back Philippines for her home leave, and we have been praying and believing for Nadine to come only when she returns on Apr 13 (which is today!!! yeah!)

There's loads of nostalgia in the air as I'm typing this. Both Nicole and Nathan are sleeping now, and Ed too. So it's really quiet now, save for my tapping on the keyboard.

This was like the night before Nicole was born. Ed was sleeping, and I was starting contractions. It was mild, and about an hour apart. Naturally, I couldn't sleep. I went about tidying up the house, keeping stuff, packing and repacking things. It was a feeling of a new beginning is round the corner... do what you can even with that big tummy!

Well, I did that just now too! Cleaned the kitchen, did one round of laundry, packed the clothes, cleared the house a little. I'm going through the photos in the desktop, and came across Nicole's birth pictures.

I can't believe it! I've been a mummy for close to 3 years! I never thought I would be one, let alone a mummy of 3 kids! Looking at Nicole's photos, and turning around to see her sound asleep behind me now, I really thank God for giving me the chance to be a mummy to this child!

Can you imagine I play a part in shaping her life, her character and her destiny? Woah! What an awesome responsibility and what a privilege to have someone to love you, honor you and look up to you, simply because you are her mummy!

Well, with Nadine arriving shortly (it really can be tomorrow, day after, or following day!), I'm making a conscious decision to enjoy being a mummy! The last 10 days taught me With God, All Things Are Possible for Parenting!

So here's Nicole from Day 1 till now:

Nicole birth

Stay tuned for Nostalgia II - Nathan's edition!

2 Comments:

Von said...

So sweet. Jiayou Nicole & Nathan's mummy!

hi said...

wow! so good that you even have that very joyful moment of nicole.
1st cries..aw so cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online