Thursday, March 26, 2009

Julia Gabriel and Growing Up Gifted

This week 2 year old Nathan had his first class at Julia Gabriel. We did not want to send him to baby school too early, as we did not feel that it was very beneficial. But as Nathan was not doing much at home, we felt that some stimulation was needed!

julia gabriel

Nicole went for Classes at Growing Up Gifted at United Square, and as a result, we are able to do a tentative comparison between the 2 schools.

At the moment, we really prefer Julia Gabriel.

The curriculums in the 2 schools are different, but like in all schools – the teachers play a very significant role!

Nathan’s teachers were really bundles of energy. They were bouncing and dancing around the class.

Chinese is also used as a medium of instruction in the class (Btw, Nathan was lost when the Chinese teacher talked to him…It was as good as speaking in tongues)

Growing up Gifted

Nicole attended 3 terms in GUG, and as my wife was pregnant with Nathan, I spent a lot of hours attending lessons with Nicole.

I think the teachers at GUG were not very impressive, and the teacher to student ration is not as good as well.

I remember the classes at GUG were really full, and there were only 2 teachers for the whole class.

In JG, there are 4 teachers in the class – which results in better supervision by the teachers.

The prices at Julia Gabriel are more expensive, but I think it might be more worth it….

Of course, u can try another school of thought, and send them for classes to develop their motor skills at My Gym instead…

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I was just thinking of sending Jay for some enrichment classes too! And also deciding between Julia Gabriel (Val's recommendation) and MyGym (cos it's near my house)! Haha!

Em said...

Which branch is Nathan attending? I used to work at JG Evans Road - it's a good school =) Nathan will get to interact with kids from different nationalities too cos lots of expats send their kids to JG.

Danissa said...

Hi there, just want to share that like you, I've experienced both schools - my son went to JG for 2 terms and then to GUG, and he's been enjoying himself there for the past 2 years (and my little gal's joinned too)! Thankfully my kids have had wonderful teachers at GUG whom they seem to ADORE :) Funnily, I thot at JG the teacher was abit too hyper loud and the class was full and got chaotic with too many adults (1 teacher and 3 aides) milling around. I guess we also like GUG's creative curriculum and I was quite amazed my son was able to pick up all 26 phonics sounds after just 2 terms.

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-Em

He is attending the one at Forum Galleria. :)

I think there are a lot more asians in his class!

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-Danissa

Glad to hear that your kids enjoyed GUG.

Maybe things will change at Julia Gabriel after a few weeks...

But Glad to see you dropping by :)

Kristin said...

Haha... if it was as good as speaking in tongues, it's time to get someone to interpret, then. =)

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-Kristin

I dont think I will make a good interpreter. :)

Glad to see u dropping by!

Sunflower said...

I agree with you here.

My ger attended a term in GUG and now with JGC. She is doing another term with JGC when this term ends this week.

GUG is slightly cheaper only.

http://sunflower700.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/is-gug-cheaper/

Jiahui said...

thanks for the parenting tips.

The review really helps me in my decision making!

Keep it up ED

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online