Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Movie Review - Marley & Me

marley and me

This week, after the children went to sleep, we managed to sneak out and catch a movie.

Starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston, the movie showcases a young couple who adopt a labrador puppy they name Marley.

I am sorry, but I am not much of a dog lover, and I only found out that Marley was a labrador after talking to some of my colleagues!

What was the show about?

It’s kind of like my Blog!

The ordinary life of John Grogan (Owen Wilson) and his wife. Instead of just kicking off the marriage with kids, John decides to delay ‘parenthood’ by getting Jennifer Aniston a puppy.

Marley the puppy is a real tyrant, and he proves to be a real “handful” for both husband and wife.Just when they seemed to have got him under control, babies start coming along for the lovely couple.

As Marley is always ‘out of control’, I thought that Marley would probably eat their first born! (Since Marley has eaten an answering machine and everything in his sight)

However, Marley seems to adjust to the new addition to the family, and they eventually have 3 kids! Btw, I also noticed that Jennifer Aniston does not seemed to have put on any weight, and still looks as good as she did before all the children. (Notice the tinge of skepticism in this paragraph)

It’s right at this point, that you realize that about 15 years have passed & the kids have grown up. Owen Wilson finds promotion at work and Marley has grown old…Very soon…It’s time for him to go…

Okay…Here is the tear jerking part…Watching Marley slowly die…left my eyes watery and my nose really “runn-ey”…

Hey! I even wanted to get a dog after the movie!

Fortunately, I was held back by economic pragmatism, and I did not make any sudden purchases!

Is the movie worth watching?

Well, it’s not going to get a nomination for the Oscars!But if you have watched “Slumdog Millionaire”, and all the rest of the movies that were nominated for the Oscars, this show might be a good pick!

But it’s really no rush as well…and you might be better off watching it on DVD!

My rating - 2.5 out of 5

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot imagine your family of your 3 kids + another dog....!

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED - Jerb

Haha! That will be so American...Can make a movie out of it!

Anonymous said...

Its such a nice show! haha... crying show man.. but so sad.. haha.. poor marley..he is so cute..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online