Friday, March 20, 2009

Family Day at Botanic Gardens

Just recently, some of the our friends gathered together for a picnic at the Botanic Gardens.

Singapore Botanic Gardens (Small)

Frankly, I have never stepped into the Botanic Gardens in most of my adult life, as I am not exactly a nature lover…but things change when you become a parent.

So…Out came the straw mats, and we formed a little ‘island’, for the kids and adults to gather and have fellowship together.

P3086230

Besides the “yummy’ food that every parent brought to the picnic, we also ‘pooled’ together our creativity and organised some fun games for the kids as well.

A good ‘ice breaker’ for the kids was the ‘bubble machine’ that we bought for Nathan’s birthday.

This proved to be a real hit, which attracted all the kids in the park to our area.

P3086256

In fact, these ‘outsiders’ liked us so much, that they even stayed back for our games! I did not even realize it, until Mummy pointed it out to me! I thought they were our friends’ nephews! :)

EDM_3641

We had games like a simple “Parent & Child” tele-match, and other physical activities that aimed at tiring the kid out!

As usual, the ‘competitive nature’ in us took over, and very soon, we were trying to make sure that our teams won each event! :) 

EDM_3629EDM_3664We really had a good time, and we ended the day at “Ben n Jerry’s”. We are definitely looking forward to our next event…and you are definitely most welcome to join us, if you are interested! Just drop me a note!

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pics ! so nicely taken ! who's the photographer?? (:
good idea for a gathering at Botanica gadern (: my cg can try heee! gonna be awsome too ! (:

Hann Hann said...

nice!

will make sure my parents get a bubble machine. haha.

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

Ed-Rulan

Photographer - one of the other parents!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online