Sunday, May 25, 2008

Movie Review: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones

This is my 2nd movie review, with the 1st one done on 'The Bucket List", a movie by Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.

This is one movie that I just couldn't wait to see, and it is the latest Indiana Jones!

Out of 5 marks, I will give it a 3.5...

While it was entertaining, it was not as good as "National Treasure" with Nicolas Cage.

I feel that 'National Treasure' had a more stimulating storyline, with more puzzles, riddles and action that was more absorbing.

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones has definitely aged a lot. Coming back with his whip and typical 'Indie' hat, the show is still packed with intrigue and adventure.

One could not help noticing the significantly fewer action scenes for Ford per se. I suspect that he can't really handle the action anymore. as he is in his mid-60s by now.

However, how can one hate 'INDIE"?

Hey! I practically grew up with this guy and his movies, and he will always have that special "Super-hero" status in my heart. Coupled with that winning score by John Williams, it is a definite winning combination. Hearing and seeing the action does definitely bring back a nostalgia about the "good old days"

If you haven't watched the movie, I believe that it is worth watching, and a must for all 'INDIE' fans!

Just to let u know, there seems to be lots of 'die-hard INDIE' fans out there...Just check out this parody that one of these fans posted on Youtube.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet but my boys said that that it's good. I was in 8th grade when the last one came out. Yes, Harrison Ford has aged!

beaglesg said...

mmhh...my husband can't wait to watch this movie too.

Mockingbird said...

i wonder how the score by John Williams sounds like. Williams is 74. Harrison Ford is 65. Spielberg is 61, the youngest of the lot.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I can't wait to see this. I just need to get a sitter or sneak out of the house when everybody's asleep...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online