Friday, December 19, 2008

Straight No Chaser – A Cappella

Christmas is just round the corner, and everyone is getting into the holiday mood.

We had one of our Christmas CG meetings last night, and we hunted high and low for our Xmas Carols.

At that moment, I remembered about this 10 men accapella (Singing without instruments) group, which I stumbled upon last year. The group is called Straight No Chaser, and they were a Youtube Sensation in 2007, with over 1 million hits!

Here's a video of 1 of their songs:

Cool Right! It all started when they were going to have a class reunion, and they posted some old videos of themselves singing in college. People liked it so much, that it became a hit on Youtube!

This just shows the power of the Internet and mass media!

Straight No Chaser just launched a Christmas Album, and it seems to be the perfect CD for this Christmas. I went to the shops at the Suntec Area and I was disappointed, as they did not carry the CD at all.

I was thinking of ordering a copy from the States. Only thing is that, it will only arrive after Xmas! (Who will be in the mood to listen to carols after Xmas)

I made a call to HMV and they happened to have a few copies. That's great news, as it means that I can save on my postage and shipping! Yaah!

Looks like for the next few days, I will be getting into the Xmas mood even more...as I listen to my new CD :)


Pick up Straight No Chasers Holiday Spirits

Share this post :

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

It is sooooooooo nice! I love the video!!!

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-San

Check out their site. A lot of good videos...

And a Youtube introduction of the group as well...

Unknown said...

I agree! I love accapellas and this one is really really good! I like the way they link the songs to the carol. Genius!

Anonymous said...

wow! i heard them itunes they are good

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED - Weiwen, Jerb

glad u guys liked it..

I just posted another version, as the previous version was taken offline.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online