Thursday, July 24, 2008

Movie Review - The Dark Knight

This week, my wife and I had a change to catch the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight" at AMK HUB.

dark_knight_joker

My wife is really not into action movies, but she surprised me by saying "I Liked It!"

One of the highlights of the show was the late Heath Ledger (He also acted with Mel Gibson in "The Patriot") as the "The Joker". He was really scary and irritating! As compared to Jack Nicholson who played the same role previously, Ledger was revelational!

Robin Williams and Adrien Brody wanted the role of Joker as well, but I am glad that Ledger got it!

To prepare for this role, Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, to explore the psychology of his character. Although his death was sudden, Ledger had completed all his scenes, making this movie, his final appearance on film.

In terms of plot, the film does keep you guessing, and it is great entertainment, if you are planning to go to the theatres this weekend.

BTW - If you are thinking of a quiet cinema, do not go to AMK Hub. The place is crawling with people, even on a normal working day!

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this sequel as well, although after I while I wondered when will the surprises end. However I wonder if they will nominate Ledger for this role if he did not pass away. It's like an artiste never gets famous till he dies!

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ET-catchfortywinks

Isn't that the sad thing about life.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online