Monday, November 9, 2009

Mcdonald’s Monopoly

imageEveryone I know seems to be going crazy over the Monopoly Singapore game!

In fact, as of the last 2-3 weeks, I have been eating Mc Donald’s more than usual….and of course the kids are definitely not protesting!

Friends have been twittering that they are going to Mc-vomit very soon! :)

There are people even proclaiming on Facebook about the properties which they need!

Seriously, if I had Sentosa Cove or Orchard Road, would I offer it to anybody? I certainly don’t think so!

Btw, I think this has been their most successful advertising campaign since the days of Hello Kitty. Remember those long queues, where every maid and Grand parent in Singapore, was waiting in line to get a Hello Kitty for their loved ones.

hello_kitty_macdonalds_queue

I think that the catch behind the Mcdonald’s Monopoly game is that they don’t just give you 1 coupon, but they give you 8 coupons with every up-sized meal.

mcdonalds monopoly

Psychologically, you feel closer to the winning ticket! And throwing in a few coupons that entitles you to a free apple pie, milkshake or french fries does whet the appetite as well!

Meanwhile, if you are a fan of hamburgers, this is what the Biggest Hamburger in the world looks like:

biggest hamburger 136.2kg

The hamburger which weighed in at 136.2 kilograms (300 pounds), beating the previous world record burger, which weighed a measly 84 kilograms (185 pounds).

185 pounds hamburger

I think the American Burger which came in 2nd looks more appetizing than the Japanese Burger!

9 Comments:

kailin said...

I think the campaign is really a success! My brother even told me he has a strategy to locate Sentosa Cove. Not sure how true it is, haha!

Unknown said...

MacDonald's surely has a winner in its advertising campaign this time round! :)

And... why is the Jap burger black in colour? So... unappetizing... :P

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-Kailin

Sure a not...got strategy?!?

Do let us know...

Anonymous said...

Got strategy?!!! Haha i'm sure the whole of SG wants to know!

Anyways I can't believe my colleagues and I had Mac abt thrice last week, literally Mc-vomited! =S

Lucas said...

Yes i remember those Hello Kitty days.. back then in primary sch we would camp outside the clementi MacDonald's and get free extra value meals for those that only wanted the stuffed toys!! haha.

And Yes what's with the black burger... so gross.

Denesa said...

I was one of those who took leave to take part in the queues for our Hello Kitty. Looking back, it was quite silly then. McDonald's definitely has good gimmicks.

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

ED-Denesa

:) Well, at least we don't have to queue for this game! :)

人妻 said...

Hな人妻たちの社交場、割り切った付き合いも当然OK!欲求不満のエロ人妻たちを好みに合わせてご紹介します。即会い、幼な妻、セレブ、熟女、SM妻、秘密、以上6つのジャンルから遊んでみたい女性を選んでください

Unknown said...

Good one on ED UNLOADED - it helps a lot!

We clearly share similar parenting experiences and views.
I've been reading one that I'm hooked on - http://todayscliche.com/.
I have a feeling you'd get a lot out of it.

Incredible job on your blog; keep it up.

Thanks,
Amy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

blogger templates | Make Money Online